We are a highly successful Sixth Form College and are looking to recruit trainee teachers for teaching in the autumn term 2024, with training commencing in June 2024. We are particularly interested to hear from applicants in the following A Level subject areas:
- Economics and or Business
- ICT and/or Computing
- Law - with one of either Sociology, Psychology or Criminology
Information relative to each Departmental can be found on the separate attachment.
You will have:
- A relevant honours degree
- a minimum background of A Level grades at BBB or equivalent
- Strong specialist knowledge of the relevant curriculum area
- A desire and commitment to motivating and teaching 16-19 year old students
- Good communication skills
- The ability to work effectively as part of an experienced and strong team
We can offer you:
- Teacher Traineeship programme
- You will be paid to train – fully funded PGCE and salary of approximately £26,000 p.a.
- Induction Programme
- Mentoring and guidance
- Continuing Professional Development
- In house and external training opportunities
- The opportunity to work alongside experienced and highly trained colleagues
- Proven standards of academic success
- Outstanding and well-resourced facilities
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- Enhanced maternity/paternity schemes
- On site car parking
- Cycle to work scheme
- Town centre location
- Employee Assistance Programme
For full details about the traineeship scheme please see separate attachment.
Responsibilities of Post Holder
The duties of the post will include the following:
- Teaching A Level subject area(s)
The teaching duties involve all those constituent duties expected of a professional teacher, such as preparation of work in line with departmental schemes of work incorporating the requirements of relevant specifications, counselling and assessing students and keeping up to date in the subject area. See separate attachment for full details of a qualified teaching role.
- Undertaking appropriate INSET
- Working with and being responsible to the Head of Department, and any relevant subject/course leaders, with respect to matters concerning the delivery of the courses and other related arrangements including teaching, learning, assessment, target setting, reporting and monitoring.
- Generally participating in departmental matters, such as meetings and the work of the department, educational initiatives, curriculum development and developing and sharing resources.
About the College
This highly successful Sixth Form College is located in historic Colchester city centre, close to the beautiful North Essex coast and rural Suffolk countryside, yet only 50 minutes from London by train.
The College has been at this city centre location since its opening in 1987. It has had two major building developments in more recent years and now offers state of the art educational facilities for both staff and students.
The College has excellent teaching facilities: most teaching rooms have projectors or interactive whiteboard and each department has its own workroom and suite of rooms. There are good IT and internet facilities within the College including provision of the ‘Moodle’ Virtual Learning Environment.
We are committed to safeguarding and the welfare of all children and young people and expect all staff to share in this commitment.
If you are motivated, enthusiastic, hard working and possess a real interest in teaching 16-19 year old students, we would really like to hear from you. If you are interested and would like to arrange a discussion, please let us know: email@example.com .
To apply, a College application form (please see link to the left of this page) must be completed and submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org (unaccompanied CV’s or third party application forms will not be accepted). Please note that our formal interview process will require that you attend the College in person as we do not offer remote interviews.
Applications will be assessed as they are received and interviews may therefore occur at any stage.